Student Essay Contest: 2003 Results
- Dr. Harpreet Chowdhary: The Mathematician As Executive by Esther Feldblum, Maimonides School, Sharon, Massachusetts.
- 1st Place: Elizabeth Stanhope: Overcoming Silent Barriers by Jessica John, Willamette University, Salem, Oregon.
- 1st Place: (Same as Grand Prize) Dr. Harpreet Chowdhary: The Mathematician As Executive by Esther Feldblum, Maimonides School, Sharon, Massachusetts.
- Honorable Mention: Dr. Marsha Davis: Defying Statistics by Sarah Tracy, Notre Dame Academy, Sturbridge, Massachusetts.
- Honorable Mention: An Accomplished Woman in Mathematics: Dr. Evelyn Silvia by Amber Durrell, Loretto High School, Auburn, California.
- 1st Place: I Seek an Answer to the Question “Why?” – Dr. Helen Moore by Sergei Shubin, Joaquin Miller Middle School, San Jose, California.
- Honorable Mention: When Flexibility is the Rule—Dr. Magnhild Lien—A Biographical Essay by Christie Onzol, Nobel Middle School, Northridge, California.
- Honorable Mention: Shapes with No Boundaries: The Life of Krystyna Kuperberg by Maja Wichrowska, Northwestern Middle School, Alpharetta, Georgia.
Some essays have been modified for posting on the AWM website.