Student Essay Contest: 2005 Results
- 1st Place: (Same as Grand Prize Winner) “Discovering Mathematics in Nature: Dr. Linda Smolka”, by Arica Fong, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.
- Honorable Mention: “Only Do It If You Love It: Dr. Hortensia Soto-Johnson”, by Maggie Aschenbrenner, University of Northern Colorado, Monument, Colorado.
- 1st Place: “The Perseverance of a Woman in Actuarial Science: Nancy Myers”, by Tyler Wottrich, Roseville Area High School, Roseville, Minnesota.
- Honorable Mention: “Mrs. Christine Schive: Breaking the Mold”, by Natalya Kostandova, John W. North High School, Riverside, California.
- 1st Place: “The Beauty of Mathematics: An Interview with Mrs. Pallavi Shah”, by Nina Kamath, Joaquin Miller Middle School, Saratoga, California.
- Honorable Mention: “Dr. Concha Gomez: A Role Model for Female Mathematicians”, by Rhitwika Sensharma, Lake Braddock Secondary School, Burke, Virginia.
Some essays have been modified for posting on the AWM website.