Student Essay Contest: 2007 Results
- First Place: “Dr. Marjorie Senechal: What do Silk, Crystals, Culture, and History Have in Common?,” by Sarah Budrus, Hollins University, Huntington, West Virginia.
- First Place: “Dr. Rita Hibschweiler: Exploring the Pure Beauty of Mathematics,” by Elizabeth Faiella, (homeschooled), Northwood, New Hampshire.
- Honorable Mention: “Mrs. Ann Weber: Hard Work Pays Off,” by Haley Kossek, Elk Rapids High School, Williamsburg, Michigan.
- First Place: (Same as Grand Prize Winner) “The Creation of a Female Mathematician: Ms. Melanie Wood,” by Leena Shah, Hartland Middle School at Ore Creek, Brighton, Michigan.
- Honorable Mention: “Dr. Eve Riskin: Engineer, Professor, Role Model,” by Helen A Rawlins, Brier Terrace Middle School, Bothell, Washington.
Some essays have been modified for posting on the AWM website.